Posts belonging to Category game development

Unbound Progress

I am happy to announce that people have been not only picking up the game but writing about it. A google search for “hexit strategy”(the old name of the game) turns up two postings: A detailed breakdown of the game and A more casual deconstruction   We’ve also had a good flow of people downloading […]

Flight of the Fae – Gamejolt contest

  This week there has been a contest on gamejolt on the theme chaos. Since I have lately been working on making a game a month, I decided to try my hand at the contest. The result was a game inspired by canabalt and (loosely) World of Darkness’s changeling called Flight of the Fae.   […]

update- fonts

I’ve been on a bit of a break due to moving to Philadelphia and the holidays but one major thing I am looking at as I get back to work on both fortunes and the side task of one game a month is legibility. The default NGUI fantasy font did not work terribly well from […]

Feedback friday

Not a whole lot visual changing dramatically at this point, but we are trying to get things tested and changed with fortunes. So I’d like to ask you to give it a shot and leave some feedback in the comments here, there, or to lathomas@clichegames.com. Some questions How intuitive is the interface? How long did […]

Fortunes feedback

So I’ve pulled back some from the grimace kickstarter to focus on getting feedback on fortunes. So now I’ve got to make things more intuitive to help people figure out what to do. Things aren’t as bad as they are confusion wise because there was one major flaw hindering people figuring out how to play… […]

Fortunes burndown

So I haven’t updated you all on fortunes in awhile. I’d been updating testing, documentation, and refactoring a lot recently. Nothing too exciting for the non-developers out there. Recently I’ve been getting back into some UI though and am trying to implement gestures to play a card by sliding it up instead of just tapping […]

Fortunes Update — Taking charge of destiny and file systems

A big challenge I’ve faced recently has to do with data. Getting data from non-technical people. James created this fancy spreadsheet for Barbara to fill out for the divination part of fortunes and only have to deal with one card at a time. After handing me this huge spreadsheet I had to figure out how […]

Outlook hazy, please try again.

I’ve been chugging along polishing fortunes. Had an interesting issue with text windows and scrolling because I somewhere down the line changed the input settings in Unity and got scrolling to go the entire text at once. Once I’m in an OCD enough mood to get the new NGUI interface all aligned properly I’ll share […]

Avatar Strength, Luck, and Player Strength

I came across an interesting post about different factors of success on reddit today which was pretty thought provoking. Avatar Strength doesn’t have much to do with any games we’ve made as of yet but there is a balance of luck and player skill to fortunes.

Fortunes update

I’ve Been working on using NGUI to update Fortunes.           The main benefit is that it will be able to automatically scale with resolution so we won’t get awkward overlapping. But it also has some nice handling of drag scrolling that was frustrating me for the cards in hand.     […]